Sunday, October 19, 2008

Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.


There is something about fall. Maybe it's because my birthdays' in the fall or because we pass out free candy to the kids (which only get to be eaten once I've ate my faves out of it). Or maybe it's the way that life has a way of dying in a beautiful way. The leaves of red, orange, then brown, We love the beauty of it. Is there Irony there? We think it's most beautiful when it's dying away. I know that Winter is the reason. And without fall and winter then the joy of spring cannot come. Still fall is my favorite. I don't love death. I don't think I love the beauty of it. I just love the idea that those that die beautifully can be reborn. I love to focus on the postives of the life we're losing. Without the positives we would not be able to move on after death. How would we realize that catch phrase " They are in a better place now " if we didn't find the positives in death. The ones we love no longer suffer either from disease, an illness, or they no longer have to deal with the injustices in the world. Maybe I'm morbid for I like to watch the leaves turn. I like to see them fall to the ground. I like to see the branches freeze in the frigid cold of winter. I like to rejoice in the new buds that are born in the spring. I like to see the end of suffering. Sometimes life can short change us, we can catch a raw deal. but all we have to do is look for the beauty in our world around us. Sometimes all it takes is the time to sit and watch the leaves turn.


Hugs,


Grace

2 comments:

Carrie Harris said...

Cute picture! Sad but true; I think I had a nightgown almost exactly like that one when I was growing up.

Hanna Banana said...

Yeah, watching the leaves change is fun and makes for some beautiful scenery but then they fall off the trees and into my yard. The upside to that is somehow, (how I lucked into this, I will NEVER know), the kids think its fun to rake them up. Obviously, so they can jump into the big three feet tall piles. What they fail to realize is the cats relieve themselves in those same leaves. So, as Jakes is burying Maddie, oops forgot she changed her name, FRED in the leaves, I am thinking "Child, I am not hugging you 'til you've been soaked in suds."

Love You,
Hanna