Monday, August 23, 2010

"If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers."

     Tomorrow is the start of a new school year for the girls.  Part of me is jumping for joy that I get a break.  The other part of me sees the end of our lazy quiet summer. 

     Rebecca is in the 4th grade.  I am proud of my bobble.  She is in the gifted and talented program at school.  She was a few points shy of getting a perfect score on her OAA's.  She will definitely be smarter than me one day.  She is excited and ready for tomorrow.  She even told me that she will be nice and make friends.  She decided last year that she didn't want any friends.  She said that everyone leaves her.  And since Moo will leave her one day she figured she wouldn't give people the chance.  We told her that Megan wouldn't want her sitting on the sidelines watching the other children have fun together.  That Megan would want her to join in on the fun just as she joins in on the fun.  So keeping our fingers crossed.

     Megan is going in to 2nd grade.  She's ready as ever.  She was looking for her best friend Kayla's name on the desks but she didn't see it.  But what she did see was another little girl with the name Megan.  She said "Look Mommy!  I can already spell her name right!"  Too cute!  This year may prove to be challenging for her.  It's going to get harder. The teachers are already aware that I may have her only go half days so that she doesn't get to overwhelmed.  She tries her best and that's all I ask.  I think she enjoys school just so she can socialize.  She is definitely my social butterfly.

     So as of 8:07am tomorrow it will be just me and Lily.  No more fighting over silly things during breakfast.  No more arguing over who gets to watch what or who has been on the computer to long.  Just the peaceful quiet of the dogs breathing and my cell phone going off to keep me company.  BOY WILL I BE BORED!!

     No matter how crazy the make me, no matter how many times I say you're driving me nuts.  I love them.  I love them for who they are, how they act and look forward to seeing who they become.

Love to all,

Lissa

No comments: